Goodwill... like, the store.

Ever had that outfit/dress/picture frame that you LOVED and could never see yourself getting rid of? I'm gonna say mine is a dress I used to absolutely love. It was brightly colored, it made me feel really fun and pretty, and it fit me nicely. Everyone complimented the dress and said what good taste I had. Some didn't though.

Some said, "I think you're a lot more mature than that dress makes you look... You still look pretty, but it's a little loud..." 

Haters. 

But then you realize... that maybe they're right. And you're growing, and changing, and your tastes have changed now too. It's not that the dress changed. It's still the same dress. And it's not that you hate the dress anymore, you've just outgrown it. 

I feel like that with people sometimes. 

Hear me out -- It's not that people are bad or immature or whatever -- but sometimes, your taste and where you are in life changes. And you can still have fun clothes and work clothes and dressy clothes -- but some clothes you just decide are better off given to Goodwill. Maybe someone will come along and say, "Why would ANYone give this away! It's AMAZING!" A new appreciation. A new purpose for that dress. And I think sometimes the dress doesn't necessarily know it's been given to Goodwill. Maybe the dress didn't like you as much as you loved the dress.... 

Either way, after giving it to Goodwill, you have fond memories, you have pictures, and you have a moment of "WHAT THE??" when you see someone wearing YOUR dress. But then you move on. And the feelings fade, the memories fade, and soon you forget all about it. 

But whoever finds it doesn't. And I'm happy for that person. And happy that in reality, I do get to choose what stays in my closet and what goes to Goodwill. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Drill...?

The Problem with All or Nothing

Health Update