Some Sabbath Thoughts

Last night I led out in a vespers program and this morning I led in the main portion of Sabbath School. 

One thing I've been learning here is humility. It's so easy to think you're great at everything when you work with young people that appreciate what you appreciate. 

But what if they don't care? What if no matter how great the talk or how interesting the activity -- ultimately they don't care? 

It breaks my heart that they don't care about spiritual things. It hurts to think about how they view God. But something else creeps in -- pride. I tend to think, "I am boring. I look incompetent to the teachers around me. I used to be good at this type of thing." When in reality--the word "I" shouldn't even be in my thought process. I've been learning about the role and the power of the Holy Spirit and it has been such a relief and burden lifter in my life. It is HIS responsibility to convict and convert hearts--not mine. What a blessing. 

Learning to let go of your pride can be difficult, but there is so much peace on the other side. 

And then the opening song (What a Friend We Have in Jesus) was a personal message to me from Jesus for church this morning. God is loving and personal and powerful and I love knowing I'm safe in His arms. 

I hope you all have a restful weekend. I'm going to be on an airplane headed to India 24 hours from right now. Pray our time there will be fruitful in the Spirit. 

Comments

  1. I'm so stoked for you to go to India!!! Praying for you Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! Good luck in India. Eat some curry for me. I miss Indian food.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Drill...?

The Problem with All or Nothing

Health Update