Blown away with HOPE

HOPE = Helping Other People Everywhere

4 days a year the school shuts down and does community service in the Spokane area (HOPE Taskforce day). We do everything from shelters and Ronald McDonald House to raking leaves for some neighbors.

Today, there was severe winds. Gusts of 60 mph. My whole day that I've spent hours and hours and hours setting up for and planning was turned into a day of frantically fielding phone calls and trying to get our kids back safely. Because of COURSE the wind didn't get terrible until they were in town already. But here are the things I've learned as a result:

1. No matter how much work you put into something, you cannot control the weather and you have to learn to just smile and roll with the punches.

2. Even when you're stressed beyond measure and don't know how you're going to get through the day, God takes care of you. A group of sophomores decided to clean my house and cook me dinner while I was trying to do damage control all afternoon.

3. There are so many small things to be grateful for at the end of a busy day.

4. Christmas music is amazing.

5. I work with some amazing, incredible coworkers.

HOPE your day was a little less stressful than mine was. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Drill...?

The Problem with All or Nothing

Health Update