Friendsgiving 2015

It's 9 AM and I'm sitting on a couch at a friend's house. There are the comforting sounds and smells of someone cooking in the kitchen and a stillness in the rest of the house. I got up earlier than my comrades to do some homework so I could spend more time with them while we're all awake later in the day, but I got distracted by the nostalgic feeling of a holiday. You know that feeling you get on the morning of a holiday as a kid-- that something special is going to happen today, something magical. The older I get, the less I feel that. Thanksgiving, Christmas, your birthday, or the midnight feeling on New Year's eve all had that sparkling quality. But now as an adult I just feel the stress of planning, the cost plane tickets, the job I return to after the vacation, and I lose the moment.

This morning, I'm feeling that little spark of magic in a holiday. It might be *NSync playing now... but who knows. Hope your day is filled with the blessing of family, joy, and friendship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Drill...?

The Problem with All or Nothing

Health Update