An afternoon in my office

Death. 

No hope of life. 

The outside of the tomb washed white.


Youth.

Crude and crass.

Talking, living, thinking without class. 


I just spent a few hours in my office this afternoon working on setting up our community service day for 235+ students. That has nothing to do with this post, I just wanted to brag that I'm a boss at logistics and am loving that part of my job. Several seniors regularly hang out in my office during that time and I'm typically fine with it and enjoy talking to them. 

Until recently. The more comfortable they get, the less of a filter they have. While I think this is a good thing (I'd rather know them for who they are and not who they portray themselves as around adults) it has taken a toll on my attitude. 

Maybe because I didn't get enough sleep last night, but today I was done. 

I'm so tired of a generation that lives for today's pleasures and tomorrow's promise of freedom from the restraints of rules and regulations. I'm tired of young people that say they would be happier if they could just have and do every single thing they want to in life. I'm tired of the generation that is so selfish that the feelings of others are secondary to their own. 

In essence today, I realized, I'm tired of me. Of who I am when Christ is not living inside of me through the Holy Spirit. I want to be like Jesus. I need a revival of primitive godliness and to draw my strength from Him each day in order to love the people around me. Because right now, I don't have love for those around me. I have complaints. I have hatred even. 

Pray for me. I have a difficult job and I just cannot do it without the love of God in my heart for these kids. I don't want them to change their behavior. I don't want them to just change their filter. I want them to see what a beautiful character looks like, how happy they could be, and start truly thinking of others instead of themselves so much. I want them to mature in understanding not just the Bible, but in their respect of the world around them. 

Thanks for reading. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Drill...?

The Problem with All or Nothing

Health Update