I Could be Single for Life.

Mostly because I'm getting used to the concept of being single living here in Spangle Washington.

Total number of residents (including the school staff and student population): Approximately 480.

Total number of residents that are male: Roughly 210

Total number of those males that are single and over the age of 21: Maybe 25?

And number of males that are single, over the age of 21, younger than 40, and Seventh-day Adventist???? ... 3.

And I'm not interested in any of those three guys.

But that's not the reason I'm writing this post.

I'm writing this post because I totally took apart my vacuum this week because it wasn't working. AND FIXED IT. Like a boss.

I'd like to thank my grandpa (who is the best mechanic I know) for bestowing his grease-stained genes to me.

I'd like to thank my parents for always telling me I could do anything I set my mind to.

I'd like to thank my Auntie Audra who showed me first hand what it was like to be a single woman who didn't need a man to fix things. She did it for years as a single mom with two kids.

With all of that woman-power ranting, I'd like the record to show that it would be nice to have a man in my life. I'm content fixing my own vacuum, maintaining my own car, and having an entire king size bed to myself. I've even come to the realization that living with ANYONE other than myself would be a huge adjustment. I'm particular. I have a system. And it would take a lot to adjust to someone entering that domain. But if the right guy came along... I'd be willing to work him in. :)

Thanks for reading, Mom. Hope your day went well. And Janelle -- let's catch up soon. The others that happened to read this-- Wow!!!! Thanks!!

Comments

  1. Haha it's like you knew I would be reading this or something. We should totally catch up soon. So I haven't been a consistent blogger either but you should check out the current blog for my job. http://impactchatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you and my Ma. Figured I'd write something for the team!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, you're so comical and fun :) I feel the same way too sometimes, but out here in Tucson, Az. haha! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Drill...?

The Problem with All or Nothing

Health Update