September 11



Just sitting in class and hearing where all my classmates were when it happened made me think and appreciate who everyone is and where they come from. Some from other countries said where they were. One girl said, "Well I didn't know what a terrorist was or what the twin towers were so I didn't really care." Ignorance. Initially it made me a little angry because how can someone disregard the loss of life so flippantly? But some people can't feel anything if it's not directly related to them. We're all different.

Where were you when it happened?

I was getting ready for school and was pulled aside by my mom. We didn't have TV or the news. Just the radio that we seldom listened to. My dad was on his way home from work (night shift) and heard it on the radio so he called my mom and told her to turn on the radio.

It didn't impact me initially. It didn't seem real. In class all we did was watch news updates and reviewed things we'd already learned. But when I started thinking about how I would have felt if my parents were in that building when it happened. That changed how I felt. It changed my perspective.

Life isn't promised. Life is short. Life is precious. What are we doing with the days we are living? Are we making an impact on those around us? Are we showing the face and character of Jesus to those who we come into contact?

We don't realize how blessed we are to know that God is a God of love. We don't realize the knowledge we have will bring peace to those around us. Why are we keeping it to ourselves? I don't know. But my question is whether or not it'll be a good reason when Jesus asks us why we didn't share when we could have.

Just some food for thought.

Comments

  1. So true. When I heard that my new friend had died yesterday, I thought about if my actions showed her a glimpse of God. I pray it did. Also thought about Dr. Wensel who would have had a birthday yesterday if he had lived, and is praise The Lord that I did have an influence on him. This date has so much more meaning for me now. I also became an Aunt again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Drill...?

The Problem with All or Nothing

Health Update